Welcome To POPOYO -NICARAGUA 🇳🇮
We first visit Nicaragua in 2005 when we were young backpackers.
The idea was to find good waves and surf by ourselves and we did it in the Popoyo area.
After surfing the area for a few months we had to go back to work to make our project doable:
“Move to Nicaragua, surf every days and live tee shirt/ Board short and flip flops all year round.”
As soon as you love Nature, Ocean and the Beach, you’ll like this part of the world 🌴🙌🙏
- Warm and friendly athmosphere.
- Warm weather
- Friendly Locals
- Nice neighborhood
- Activities ( Surfing, Yoga, Horse Back Riding, fishing and spearfishing, Hot Springs etc…)
- Fresh fishs & lobsters every days.
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Amazing sunrise & sunsets
This area is well known as a world class Surfing Destination thanks to his off shore wind all year round.🌊🏄♀️🏄🤙
“Off shore wind is from the earth to the ocean, it gives a perfect shapes to the waves”
With waves for all levels from Pro Surfers to Beginners, from 5 to 80 years old.
If you’re coming for surfing we’ll give you all the surfing informations ( Spots, tides etc…)
4 good surf spots walking distance from the houses ( From North to South):
- Popoyo, the main wave in Nicaragua, A frame reef break.
- Mag Left, a friendly point break for longboarders and beginners
- Santana, a perfect beach break with barreling waves.
- Playa Rosada, a secluded wave only for experts.